Friday, January 29, 2010

"Topic of the Day"


Living where we do right now there aren't a whole lot of things to do. Kevin and I have to sit down practically every week and think of things that I can do to occupy my time other than watching television ALL DAY. So, during one of our weekly discussions, we came up with the idea that every morning, Kevin would give me a topic and I would research it throughout the day until I was satisfied with what I'd learned, then I would tell Kevin about it at the end of each day. This was fun, and lasted a whole 2 days. The first day was alright, I think I was assigned "the invention and progression of the cell phone", which I was actually kind of curious about. But, on day two I discovered that it wasn't such a good idea to ask Kevin to assign me the topics, because he assigned me "the invention and progression and function of engines". UGH! Really? Come on.
Now, I know Kevin really likes this stuff. I mean, he's been into cars and mechanics since he was a little kid, and now its his job, so it really is almost all he thinks about (so really I couldn't have expected him to be too creative). hehe. But I'm more into things like animals (dogs mostly, but all animals are interesting haha) and history and people and things like that. So, I've decided to ask all of YOU! If anyone has ideas, PLEASE let me know. And maybe give me your email if I don't already have it so that I can email you the information I find if you're interested at all. I know this may sound weird, but you really would be contributing to my sanity. =] THANK YOU!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Aww Kay kay! Just hurry up and move here and we'll do things TOGETHER!!

    But in the mean time, I'm reallly curious about Czech history. I'm not even joking. I want to go to the Czech Republic way bad, and I've never heard anything about there history!

    Also, find me a dog breed. I don't like Chihuahuas or Minpins so much, but I want a little(ish) dog that has medium lank fur. You should make me a pros and cons list with resources. =D

    I LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *length not lank. WOW CHEY!
    I lof eww.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously WISH I had your problem. Once you have kids you long for the feeling of having so little to do that you're bored.

    Here are a couple of suggestions:

    Read, read, read!

    Do charitable projects. They're fun, get you outside of yourself and keep you really busy. Start with doing just one thing a week - even if it's just picking up litter.

    I like your researching topics idea. How about history, since you like people. Start with Greece, or better yet, the Romans - they were nutcases and much saucier than daytime TV.

    Last resort... get a job. It's lame to HAVE to go to work everyday but if you're really THAT bored... And the upside could be that all the money you make could be used to come visit us!!

    ReplyDelete