Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wild Animals in the Sand


Today Kevin and I went to the dunes. We rode in a side-by-side, and I had Sadie on my lap! she's really good at the dunes... I actually think she likes it! She doesn't freak out at all.. just sits there and enjoys the ride, sniffing around. :)
Anyway, as we were riding, we came over a hill and saw a PORCUPINE!!! It was just waddling across the sand, apparently not bothered at all by the four wheelers and dirt bikes driving all around it. It just kept waddling toward a big water whole that had been created by all the recent rain. We watched for a bit as it walked into the water and splashed around (though I don't know why... the temperature was in the 40s outside). But it seemed to be having fun.
So after we watched for a bit, we took a picture and left (the picture is really far away and hard to see)... but it was cool to see! I didn't know that porcupines lived in places like this. I always think of thick forests because of the movie Homeward Bound when the dog gets slapped in the face with a porcupine's tail. haha. And I've never seen one in the wild! haha. It was cool!

1 comment: