Thursday, December 10, 2009

Timeline... so far...


Since there's no real order to the way things are posted on our blog so far, I figured I'd lay everything out in order for everyone real quick, starting when I went to college.

January 2009-
I started my first (and only so far) semester at BYU. I took 5 classes. (pretty easy ones... i was a bit of a slacker- Cheyenne can attest). I took required classes like Book of Mormon and English, then I took a Nutrition class, Human Development, and Student Development. I had a fun time.

February 2009-
Kevin came home from his mission to Seoul West, South Korea and came to visit me out in Provo. (Thats when we reestablished our relationship). =]

April 2009-
Kevin returned to Provo to "retrieve" me and bring me back home to Ashland where i stayed the summer with my parents. (though I did a lot of visiting to Coquille where Kevin was living with his parents, and he did a lot of visiting to Ashland also).

May 2009-
During one of Kevin's visits to Ashland, he took me out on a date (on May 11), and drove me to the Medford Temple where he proposed. :) (Obviously I said yes. Well, I sort of just nodded. I couldn't really speak at the moment.) I bought my wedding dress 2 days later. <3

July 2009-
I left home for the last time, and moved in with John's girlfriend Becca in her cute little house in Charleston. Right by the beach. =] While living there, I got a job at a cute little restaurant called The Portside for about a month as a table busser.

August 2009-
A month full of wedding planning! At the end of August I went back to Ashland and stayed with my family for the week before I was married.

September 2009-
On the 4th (Friday) we drove up to Portland and checked into our hotel. Then we had a big family dinner that night, and did some hanging out with everyone before the big day. On Saturday the 5th we were married! We had to be at the temple by 6:30 am to get everything prepared, then the ceremony was at 10 am, then pictures at around 11, then by 1 we were back on the road on our way to Ashland for the reception! It was a 5 hour drive and we were already all exhausted. By the time we got back to Ashland and got BACK into our wedding attire, we were half an hour late to our own reception! But we had a great time, and everything turned out beautifully. That was one crazy day.

October 2009-
We spent Halloween in Ashland with my family. Had a "before" dinner at the Able's (great chili) and an "after" party at the Shumways (fun games!) It was a blast.

November 2009-
November 12 was the day that we bought our little puppy, Sadie! She was 9 weeks at the time, so we counted back and figured that she was born somewhere around September 15 (we rounded to the 15th, because decided that it would be easier to celebrate her birthday from a number easy to remember) haha. She's over 3 months now!
For Thanksgiving we were in Coquille with Kevin's family. Brad and Rashelle were there with their girls too, and we had a really good time. And really good food! :)

December 2009-
So here we are at the end of the year, the beginning of our marriage, and with a brand new blog! =]
Hopefully that filled in all the empty spaces.


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the land of married people. Now that you're officially in the club, we'll have to hang out! Maybe even get t-shirts.

    I wish I'd written all the little details down about our wedding and stuff when it was still really fresh in my head.

    Love hearing about everything. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete