Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Puppy Love


Kevin's parents currently own a Great Dane named Maddy (Madison), and have a long history of owning Great Danes, labradors, pointers, and other large dogs. Because of this, every time Kevin and I would talk about getting a dog he was set on having a bigger dog. He had never owned a smaller dog, and he wasn't very fond of my parent's miniature pincher, Arrow (he thought she resembled a rat more than a dog... as I'm sure a lot of people do). Well, being where we are now in a tiny "make-shift" apartment with no fenced yard right next to a busy highway, getting a big dog that would need to be outside a lot was definitely a no-go, so I convinced Kevin to let me get a small dog ("As long as it's not a chihuahua" he said... and look what happened! haha).
However, now that we have our little Sadie, you would never believe that she isn't EXACTLY the dog that Kevin always wanted! He loves her almost more than I do! He's usually the one to get mad at her and get her in trouble, but her time-outs never last more than a few seconds, because he starts feeling guilty and loves on her even more! He lets her lick all over his face and jump all over him tongue flapping in excitement (something I won't even do)! It's pretty cute really, but sometimes it gets to the point where I feel like I should almost be getting a little jealous! He hugs and loves her and talks in his little high pitched puppy voice, and if I try to ask him a question or start a conversation during one of their little frenzies, he is completely absorbed in the dog and doesn't even hear me! (It's become a bit of a joke between us now). :)
So, my conclusion from all of this is that as much as men (or people in general) say they don't like small dogs, as soon as you get them one they'll fall in love. =] You can't help it!

1 comment:

  1. Nope, that wouldn't happen with Edward - the only way he would enjoy a dog is if it was on a kebab skewer!

    ReplyDelete